, we strive to combine technology with the latest research in online interventions, psychology, and other related fields to develop the most effective and evidence-based digital mental health applications that can support millions of patients in Germany and around the globe.
For more information on HelloBetter check out our HelloBetter Handbook at https://handbook.hellobetter.de/Reports to:
Saurabh Kushwaha (Lead Backend Developer)Talent Acquisition
: Julia CramerTeam Size
: 20 people (Tech & Product)Salary Band:
55k-70k € (gross, fix)* + VSOP (20% of annual gross salary)
*based on German benchmark, adjusted to local cost of living for remote hiresOffice:
Remote or Onsite (relocation to Berlin or Hamburg)Timezone expected for remote work:
CET +/- 4.5 hours
As Backend Developer (m/f/x)
you are working at the challenging intersection between technology and research to build applications that change people’s lives for the better. With your strong backend expertise and specific skills working with RESTful APIs in Node.js or similar stack, you design and develop a scalable backend structure on which we build stable, secure, and effective mental health products.
You like test-driven development, teamwork, and keeping your code well documented while working on a purposeful product.Must Haves
Nice To Haves
- 3+ years of working experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Node.js
- Proficient experience using non-relational Database (MongoDB)
- Working knowledge of design principles and patterns
- Experiences with CI/CD pipelines and Queue Management systems like Amazon SQS, Kafka, or RabbitMQ
- Ability to design large-scale resilient distributed microservices on a cloud infrastructure (preferably Kubernetes)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Working knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch, and/or Telekom Cloud
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems (ISO 13485) for medical products from working in similar roles in health care technology companies
- University Degree in Computer Science or a similar field
HelloBetter was founded under the name GET.ON Institut by internationally renowned researchers and psychologists in 2015. In over 35 randomized controlled trials, HelloBetter has developed and evaluated 11 courses from eight specific problem areas in cooperation with Leuphana University, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Free University Amsterdam, Harvard University and other partners.
The work of the expert team has been published in international journals (e.g. The Journal of the American Medical Association) and has been honoured with various awards (e.g. Wilhelm Exner Prize in Psychology 2016, EFPA Comenius Prize 2017, Digital Health Prize 2018, EU Compass Good Practice 2018 in Mental Health).
Check out our HelloBetter Handbook.